The Dare to Dream Community Construction Zone
Kicking Off Careers in Construction Month
BELOIT, WISCONSIN: Earlier this month on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, CareerTek’s Dare to Dream partnered with CCI’s Building the Future and several local construction industry partners for a day of fun for the entire family. The Community Construction Zone event offered kids, teens, and adults the opportunity to experience hands-on activities, explore construction industry careers, and connect with industry professionals.
In total, there were more than 800 visitors and volunteers who participated. We are grateful for everyone who helped make this special event such an incredible success. They include: Hendricks CareerTek, Stateline Boys and Girls Club, LRS, Walbec Group, Total Mechanical, Area Erectors, The Morse Group, R.H. Batterman, Mid-States Concrete, Hendricks Commercial Properties, Heiar Custom Fencing, Frito Lay- Beloit, and, of course, all of the amazing volunteers and event participants.
This event helped us kick off Careers in Construction Month in a big way! Every October, the skilled professionals who literally build America are honored. Yes, we may be a bit biased, yet we believe that Team CCI and LCH associates are the absolute best! From the talented craftsmen and laborers to the administrative teams and leaders, we are proud of each and every team member! Careers in Construction Month also offers an opportunity to raise awareness and inspire the next generation of industry tradespeople by highlighting the many rewarding career opportunities within the construction industry.
5 Reasons You Should Consider a Career in Construction
- ENORMOUS PRIDE: The opportunity to drive by a building and tell friends and family the skills you used while it was being constructed or renovated. Nothing is cooler than hearing someone comment about how incredible a certain building project is and you being able to say, “I helped build that”!
- DEBT-FREE EDUCATION: Many construction companies will pay you while you learn through programs like apprenticeships, as well as skills, mentor, and leadership trainings.
- STABLE INCOME: Money, money, money… many construction professionals earn a better income, and often earlier on in their careers. Even more, there will always be a demand for construction!
- LIMITLESS OPPORTUNITIES: You are in charge of your career path! Whether management, administrative or skilled craftsmen roles, the opportunities are within reach if you put in the work to achieve them.
- GREAT VARIETY: In construction, there is always a new project to build and innovative solutions to provide. At CCI, we complete many renovation and adaptive reuse projects (make old, new again). This allows our associates to put their skills to the test while being creative and resourceful with every project.